13 November 2008

Three Weeks

Anne, who until her recent hospital trip worked at the front desk where I work, died today. Three weeks ago, she was hospitalized (I believe it had something to do with an aggressive form of cancer she's been battling for I don't know how long).

I hadn't really noticed she was absent at all until they were sending around a get well card for us to sign. One that will never be sent. Not long after I signed the card, word began to spread that she had passed on. Bad news seeps quickly to every nook, it seems.

She was the main front desk person here. Others stepped in from time to time, but it was mostly her. She was the one who remembered my name after seeing me only once. She always seemed content, if a little concerned with something.

I don't know how many children she has, but her oldest is in high school--not sure what year. Please pray for their family. Thanks.

No comments: