12 November 2008

Lungers

(By my title here, just to clarify, I mean that with the j sound for the g and not the ŋ sound that would denote something similar to a hawked wad of intermingled saliva and mucus. It's not referring to that type of lung-er. Not at all.)

Recently (and by that, I mean for the last couple months), I've noticed the occurrence of a rather bizarre trend out the window of my office at work. People, who (I assume) work in the building there, began to put on a show, of a sort. I don't know why, and I don't know where the idea came from, but they've started to do lunges across their parking lot. The take-a-step-too-big-for-you-and-then-squat-till-your-knee-touches-the-ground type.

It started out as just two or three people, lunging from near where their parking lot drops off into our unused (but well-manicured) lawn area some eight feet below their mostly unused lot to somewhere near the middle of said lot, where there is generally a 53' trailer parked, sometimes attached to a rig, more often not. Oh, but don't worry, there is a square-rod metal fence betwixt their lot and the drop to our grassbed.

But despite its meager beginnings, their lunging has, over the course of time, progressed to a daily routine--sometimes several times a day--where some person(s) from that building (still assuming that's where they're from) will lunge their way across the lot. No other form of exercise has ever been visible except the walking to and from their lunge area.

Sometimes it's been two or three people going at a time, but most often lately it's just been one. It's odd to me. I don't know why I find it so odd, but that is the case. I'm not going to postulate on their reasons for participating in this strange undertaking. I just thought it was unusual enough to write something about.

Question for you:

Why would you do lunges across half the parking lot of the company you work for, in clear view of the windows of employees from other surrounding businesses?

3 comments:

Adam said...

Answer from me:

Because I wish to know whether the employees in question have been writing lately.

Juliet said...

Answer from me:

Because I was feeling self conscious about the size of my thighs. I would be in the mind set of wanting big, huge, thighs. So, in order to motivate myself, i would do lunges in front of peoples view, and read their blog to make sure they were keeping me accountable!!!

Jeremy D. Ford said...

Well, I know there were at least three people one time, so it can't just have been Adam and Juliet. Who else was involved, and will it continue? Also, how do you get so much time off from your jobs to do this?